Job Position: Mechanical Assembler
Location: Arden, NC 28704
Pay Rate: $18.00
Shift: Monday through Friday 6am to 2:30pm
Previous mechanical, wiring or construction experience is helpful
This position completely assembles custom-built automatic equipment and package-handling systems from assembly prints or specifications sheet using standard hand tools. Tests completed units to ensure proper functioning and adherence to specifications and is of the highest quality. This position assists in packing and crating tested units for shipment. Also, must be willing to operate a forklift. Training for forklift will be provided.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Work from engineering drawings and specifications, quality assurance standards,
• Test procedures and verbal instructions to assemble complex assemblies and systems
• Perform basic troubleshooting of assemblies, assembly tools, tooling and test equipment
• Responsible for all components, subassemblies and special equipment into a completed machine including all necessary drilling, tapping, punching and modification of those parts
• Responsible for acquiring the necessary parts from stock locations and other departments,
• Final assembly and testing and repair as required
• Will tend machines such as arbor presses or roller machine to perform force fitting or fastening operations
• Watch gauges, dials or other indicators to make sure machine is functioning properly
• May be assigned to different work stations as production needs require
• May work on line where tasks vary as different model of same article moves along the line
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Must be able to apply carry out instructions to identify problems involving technical set up and operating malfunctions
• Ability to perform accurate measurements
• Proficient in mathematic skills; i.e., addition, subtraction, division and multiplication
• Must be able to identify structural steel sizes and shapes
• Electrical background with experience in reading blue print schematics
• Good mechanical and organizational skills
• Must have basic computer skills
• Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime as needed
• Must be able to install I/O devices and motor cabling on special equipment machine
• Must be able to drive a forklift
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is going to be very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day.
• Specific Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vison, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. • MUST HAVE A BASIC TOOL BOX
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.