Job Position: Junior Buyer
Location: Fletcher, NC 28732
Pay Rate: $55-60k based on experience
The purpose of this role is to manage direct material spend across a number of OEM suppliers, commodities, components, and assemblies with respect to quality, cost, and delivery. In addition, the business requires leadership in achieving the lowest total cost of ownership through negotiations, value engineering and ow Cost Country sourcing when necessary.
The performance of the successful individual in role is defined and measured by goals and behaviours which give purchase price cost reduction / on time delivery/ short lead-times / best in class quality performance, and payment term improvements
What you’ll do:
· Select and implement suppliers as necessary according to the sourcing process.
· Negotiate best practice initial terms with suppliers.
· Monitor supplier’s performance (cost, quality, delivery).
· Continuously develop suppliers to improve their service.
· Manage all assigned tasks, escalating areas of concern.
· Maintain all system parameters for suppliers and parts
· Maintain an accurate order profile with suppliers.
· Additional responsibilities cover benchmarking activities in: Low Cost Country Sourcing, Direct Material spend, Supplier Tier 1 to Tier 3 leverage and consolidation opportunities, identifying market trends, supply trends.
· Lead the supplier selection and nomination process
· Identify new opportunities for business improvement
Our ideal candidate:
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· Manufacturing and/or industrial distribution experience required
· Certification such as a Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) preferred
· A demonstrable track record of volume buying with complex supplier bases and the benefits realized
· Strong evidence and experience working with suppliers located in low-cost countries
· Purchasing or sourcing experience at an OEM or Tier 1 supplier to an OEM
· A manufacturing background would be highly advantageous but incumbents who can demonstrate success in a similar role in other industries will be considered
· Computer literacy in MS Office Products and automated procurement systems and/or processes
Skills and Abilities
· The individual will have strong influencing skills and be able to engage with stakeholders at all levels.
· Managing commodities and mitigating the risks within the market whilst running additional, effective sourcing campaigns is critical
· The incumbent will be capable of understanding supply chain dynamics, organizational capability, and risk management
· Analytical, problem solving, and project leadership skills: Essential
· Effective communicator, written and verbal: Essential
· Well-developed interpersonal skills are required in dealing with sensitive issues, developing others, and reaching consensus on specific actions: Essential
· Results driven, self-confident individual with an ability to influence peers and superiors
· Strong character and customer facing/people skills
· Consistent drive and energy, positive attitude
· Flexible work ethic
· Self–directing and able to work under pressure to achieve problem resolutions
· Strong influencing and negotiating skills
· A self-starter, able to take the initiative and drive performance improvement
· Sense of urgency in completing tasking to required targets in terms of output quality and time
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Ability to communicate effectively with fellow colleagues
What we offer:
- We have great employee benefits program – Medical, Dental, Vison and Life Insurance
- 401(K) Plan
- Paid time off
- Open and collaborative culture
- Work Life Balance
Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note, ideal candidate should be able to work in the United States without any sponsorship.