Job Position: Human Resources Assistant
Location: Asheville, NC 28801
Pay Rate: $20-25/hour
Shift: Monday-Friday 8a-5p + lunch hour
Are you ready to work for a company that values compassion, accountability, respect, and empowerment? Our Asheville client has a long history of serving the greater Asheville community using the same core values, and we are partnering with them to identify a skilled Human Resources Assistant to perform technical Payroll and Human Resource functions, including responsibility for the comprehensive payroll process, as well as a variety of other accounting and HR-related functions.
HR Assistant – Duties and Responsibilities
· Produce regular payroll in compliance with regulatory requirements and best payroll practices, oversee check distribution and direct deposit, and perform all payroll-related reporting and tracking functions.
· Work includes modifying the payroll system to reflect new benefits, and changes in benefits.
· Maintain and update routine electronic payroll and employee data, designing, generating, and analyzing a variety of Payroll and Human Resource-related reports and spreadsheets, benefit eligibility determination, and quality control review.
· Assist the HR Director with interviewing, pre-hiring, onboarding, and other talent-related tasks as needed. Work requires teamwork skills, knowledge of, and the ability to support and implement agency policy and procedures.
· Produce and maintain accurate and timely biweekly payroll schedules that ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements and relevant best practices
· Develop, manages, and ensure that payroll summary reports for withholdings or deductions associated with net pay are complete and accurate
· Implement and maintain system-wide payroll changes
· Work with Human Resources Director to ensure that employee data entry is timely, and that information is current and accurate
· Coordinate with HR Director to support the accurate and timely administration of all employee benefits, including but not limited to determination and enrollment.
· Enter employee data into the HR database.
· Develop, produce, and analyze spreadsheets and reports to conduct quality control review on employee and benefits information.
· Conduct monthly reconciliation of vendor statements for all employee benefits.
· Assist with calculating, posting, printing, reviewing, and reconciling monthly benefits accounts including vendor statements.
· Prepare employee voluntary benefit and other deductions for payment. Research and provide accurate and timely responses to internal and external customer inquiries about benefits, payroll, or other related issues.
· Assist with and conduct candidate interviews, new hire orientation, including completion of new hire forms, enrollment into HRIS systems, or other related tasks.
· Assist with benefits enrollment, including open enrollment, ACA compliance, and other related benefits tasks.
HR Assistant – Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
· Proficient in MS Office, with high proficiency in Excel spreadsheet development.
· Comprehensive knowledge of automated payroll processing, including reporting.
· Comprehensive knowledge of current payroll regulations.
· Comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
· Skills to compile, organize, evaluate, and reconcile a variety of accounting, payroll, and employee records, and reports.
· Considerable tact, diplomacy, and judgment.
· Able to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
· Strong computer skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to work under pressure to meet critical deadlines.
· Ability to work independently and to develop and maintain working relationships with vendors, other employees, and Supervisors.
Education and Experience
· Associate degree in human resources, accounting, finance, or related field, seven years of payroll and benefits administration, and human resources-related experience, preferably in a non-profit or public-sector organization; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Preferred, but not required: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Accounting, Finance, or related field; three years of human resources and payroll and benefits administration experience, preferably in the public sector; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.