Job Position: Gearing
Location: Fletcher, NC 28732
Pay Rate: $18.00
Shift: 1st Shift
Description:Gearing Production Technician Key Duties & Responsibilities:
· Use precision measuring instruments such as calipers, dial indicators, and micrometers to determine adherence of product characteristics to prescribed specifications.
· Read, comprehend, and execute written instructions; to determine from manufacturing instruction guides what machine fixturing and tooling is required for the specified product being produced; to determine the dimensional characteristics of the product being produced and control the process as prescribed by the control plan.
· Ensure operation of machinery is performed in accordance with established procedures, for the safety of the individual, and all employees.
· CNC responsibilities include: setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and calculating compensation requirements, use MDI to manually operate the CNC control, understand single block operations when proving part programs. Maintains specifications by observing lathe and mill operations including drilling, grooving, turning, facing, and threading operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting controls; replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
· Be able to operate and adjust manufacturing equipment including making fixturing and tooling changes.
· Operate a fork truck safely.
· Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformities relating to product, process, and quality systems.
· Identify and record any product, process, and quality system problems.
· Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
· Control further processing, delivery, or installation of nonconforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected as defined by applicable procedures and/or delegation of the area manufacturing manager.
· Perform rework and repair operations on nonconforming material.
· Perform preventative maintenance to all equipment.
· Perform safety and housekeeping duties to ensure a safe working environment.