Job Position: Extruder Operator
Location: Flat Rock, NC 28726
Pay Rate: $20.00
Are you a mechanically inclined person through and through? We have the job for you! Our client is hiring for multiple Extrusion Operators – positions on both 2nd and 3rd shifts available.
Our plastic manufacturing client in East Flat Rock, NC specializes in plastic extrusions and rotational molding for automobiles, trucks, motorcycles, buildings- and agricultural machines.
The Extrusion Operator will:
Operate all aspects of profile extrusion including all quality checks. Must be able to react to ever-changing conditions of the extrusion process and work closely with management and maintenance to continuously improve the process.
The Extrusion Operator’s Responsibilities:
- Be able to perform all setup and verifications of the extruding lines.
- Must be able to read schedules and plan the day around the needs of the line.
- Must keep precise records of checks and information per TS 16949 requirements.
- Continuously monitor the process on two or three lines at a time and be able to recognize issues and react accordingly to ensure the quality of parts.
- Must have good communication skills to be able to work with teammates and to be able to report problems or concerns in a legible manner.
Extrusion Operator Skills and Education Required:
- Must possess strong mechanical skills and an understanding of complex machinery.
- Very good problem-solving skills.
- Must be efficient at multi-tasking and able to prioritize ever-changing needs.
- A history of good attendance.
- Some education or experience in plastic extruding is desired.
- Willing to take after-hour classes on specific areas of concern.
- Working on a 2nd or 3rd shift schedule
- Must work in a team-oriented and dedicated environment.
- Must be able to read precise measuring equipment.
- Bonus Pay
- 401(k) matching
- Dental/Vision/Health/Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
Our client requires that employees have at least one COVID vaccine. Proof of vaccination is required.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- 2nd: Monday to Friday 3:30p-11:30p
- 3rd: Sunday night to Thursday night 11:30p -7:30a
Ability to commute/relocate:
- East Flat Rock, NC: Reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (Required)