Job Position: Construction Estimator
Location: Greenville, SC 29601
The Construction Estimator will assist the Construction Operations Manager with pre-construction operations in bringing a project from Architecture to Construction, delivering an initial project estimate to the Project Manager. The Construction Estimator will work primarily in our office but will spend some time in the field observing new projects and meeting with potential clients and subcontractors.
Responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing drawings and specifications for take-off quantities and material call-outs
- Compiling construction estimates
- Soliciting material suppliers & subcontractors for bids. Identify and select the appropriate
- vendors and subcontractors to ensure cost competitiveness, reliability, quality, and capability.
- Solicit shop drawings as needed from vendors and complete a preliminary review prior to hand off to other team members.
- Perform effective project handoff to assigned Project Manager at construction start
- Maintain cost estimating tools including databases, spreadsheets, and other computer-based applications to keep updated information on past performance and industry standards
- Establish and maintain subcontractor and vendor agreements in accordance with company standards for all work performed on projects
- Assist with any product research, training, and education relating to new products, materials, or methods to be used
- Assist the Operations Manager with administrative support as needed
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret construction drawings and specifications
- Meticulous and precise in approach; quality-conscious and thorough
- Associate Degree required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience in architecture, design, and/or construction and real estate industries a plus
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency with MS Excel
- Must be willing to be able to work independently as well as a part of a larger team.