Job Position: Electrical Engineer
Location: Black Mountain, NC 28711
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for reviewing and interpreting customer requirements, both technical and programmatic, and assessing the level of effort required to fulfill them both in terms of time and material from an electronics perspective. This position is also responsible for contributing to sales proposal efforts, prototype development and other New Product Introduction (NPI) activities culminating in the transition of new products into production.
Product/Project Lifecycle Engineering
- Develops electronic architectures and implement specific design for control of specific components and systems.
- Understands manufacturing and overall design trade-offs (practical, realizable implementation of designs).
- Develops and validates system performance models and predictions.
- Participates as a member of a cross-functional project team including: software engineers, mechanical engineers, manufacturing engineers, program managers, technicians, and sales/customer support staff.
- Supports product improvement/cost reduction initiatives.
- Performs and/or coordinates design analyses using Matlab®, Mathcad®, and Pspice® (or other computer-aided engineering/simulation tools).
- Prepares, maintains, and adheres to project schedules and specific electronics project management tasks, as required.
Business Development Support
- Travels, as required, to support market development and customer needs
- Supports electronics cost proposal activity
- Supports and fosters relationships with our customers’ engineering teams
- Technical versatility in electronics design, electronics hardware/software integration, and system electromechanical integration
- Customer-centric attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills and presentation preparation (both technical and marketing)
- Ability to motivate and lead cross-functional teams
- Efficiently executes design and/or proposal analyses using Matlab®, Mathcad®, and Pspice® (or other computer-aided engineering/simulation tools)
- Action-oriented, exceeding customer expectations in responsiveness, thoroughness, and attention to detail
- Accepts and positively responds to constructive criticism to improve personal and project performance
Education & Experience
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering required; M.S. in Electrical Engineering a plus.
- Minimum 3 years required, in digital motion controls and power electronic design, including experience in the following:
- Brushless DC Motors
- Various position feedback devices (resolvers, RVDT/LVDT, encoders, etc.)
- DSP based servo systems
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US, visa sponsorship not available.
- Must be able to work on U.S. government programs and/or obtain security clearance in the future.
Knowledge Of The Following Preferred
- Electronic components and test equipment (oscilloscopes, power analyzers, etc.)
- Systems engineering (requirements-based design and project execution)
- Analog and digital circuit design
- Printed circuit board (PCB) layout
- Electromagnetic interference and susceptibility
- PCB manufacturing and assembly processes
- Knowledge of industry standards (DO-160, DO-178) preferred
- Experience with software/firmware development preferred