Job Position: Brake Press Operator
Location: Arden, NC 28704
Pay Rate: $18.00
Shift: Monday through Friday 6am to 2:30pm
Temp to Hire Position
JOB PURPOSE: The Press Brake Operator will set up and operate power press machines or power break machines to bend, form, stretch, notch, punch or straighten metal plate and structural shapes as specified by blueprints, templates or layouts.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Sets stops on machines, changes dies and adjusts components when making passes
• Installs, aligns and secures holding fixtures to machine bed using gauges, templates, feelers, shims and hand tools
• Inspects work piece for defects
• Measures work piece and verifies dimensions using micrometer, template, straight edge and scale
• Selects and positions die sets into the machine and secures them
• Performs routine maintenance on equipment and determines when and what kind need to perform
• Reads blueprints for specifications to determine the dimensions of the product
• Marks identifying data on workpiece
• Troubleshoots and corrects operational and quality issues
• Maintains coolant levels and grease levels in the press break
• Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• High School Diploma and 3+ years of working experience
• Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of Mathematics
• Must have fabrication experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.